This easy recipe for fudgy peanut butter cup brownies is a peanut butter lovers dream! Using a boxed mix, topped with peanut butter swirls, and extra peanut butter cups yields a crowd-pleasing peanut butter brownie recipe your whole family will love.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8- x 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper leaving a 1-inch overhang on opposite sides; coat bottom of parchment paper with nonstick spray.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions stopping after spooning into prepared pan using a rubber spatula.
- Add peanut butter and whipping cream to a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 20 seconds. Stir to combine.
- Dollop peanut butter mixture by teaspoonfuls over batter. Using a dull table knife or offset spatula, swirl peanut butter mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until just set where a wooden pick inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 25 to 30 minutes* baking time. (For best results, be careful not to overcook around sides of the pan.) Remove brownies from oven, and place pan on a wire rack. Top evenly with chopped peanut butter cups. Let cool completely before removing brownies using parchment paper overhang. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
*I have received feedback that depending on the brownie mix, you may need to increase this time. Take note of the cook time listed on the box. Typically, you’ll want to cook these just a few minutes under what’s listed on the box.
**Also, while I didn’t test these with peanut butter chips, I suspect they would be equally delicious. I recommend using 1/3 cup peanut butter chips in place of the peanut butter cups, as desired. You could also use whole peanut butter cups, chopped into pieces. I would suggest 3 to 4 peanut butter cups, chopped.
- Prep Time: 7 min
- Cooling Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American